Dan Reisinger, Israel (1970)
Emigrated to Israel in 1949, studied painting, sculpture and poster design at Bezalel Academy, graduated with distinction and continued to study 3D design and painting at the Central School of Art, London. His international reputation was launched at the Brussels 1958 Expo, where his poster for the science pavilion won first prize. His work – environmental, 3D and graphics – defies identification with any specific style which would stamp or classify him. Reisinger was the first Israeli designer to hold a one-man exhibition at the Israel Museum, the Tel- Aviv Museum (1977) and the NY ITC Centre (1991). In 1998 Reisinger was awarded the Israel Prize for his contribution in the fi eld of design and in recognition of ‘his mark on the visual language of Israel for over 40 years’. In 2004 Hungary awarded Reisinger the Order of the Knight’s Cross. The Hungarian government also honoured him with a retrospective exhibition at the National Museum of Applied Arts, Budapest. A significant part of his archive was handed over to The Israel National Library, Jerusalem, establishing the Dan Reisinger Archive.