Max Huber, Switzerland (1958)
Max Huber studied at the Zürich Kunst-gewerbe-schule and then did an apprenticeship. In 1937 he joined an advertising company. After a short period in the Swiss Army, he started at...Read full biography
From 1935 Huber studied at the Zürich Kunstgewerbe schule and then did an apprenticeship. After a short period in the Swiss Army, he started in 1940 at Studio Boggeri in Milan, and also continued his studies at the Accademia Brera. In 1942 he returned to Switzerland, working for Du magazine. He joined the modern artists of the Allianze group. During the war he worked for socialist organizations and publishers. He returned to Milan after the war. Huber taught for two years at the Scuola Rinascità. He worked for RAI, ENI, Olivetti, Einaudi, Milan Triennale, Automobile Club of Italy and Montecantini, and made posters for the Monza car races. He designed exhibitions, many jazz record covers and book covers. His redesign of the logos for La Rinascente and Essolunga supermarkets made the general public more aware of graphic design. He had a life-long partnership with Achille Castiglioni. His widow Aoi Kono created the m.a.x. museo in Chiasso, where his and her work and archives are held.