George Giusti, USA (1955)
George got his training at the Accademia di Belle Arte di Brera, Milan. He had a Swiss father and an Italian mother and worked in advertising agencies in Milan, and Lugano, Switzerland. Opened his own studio in Zürich between 1930–37. Emigrated in 1938 to the United States, where he started his own studio in New York. Worked on the Swiss Pavilion with Herbert Matter for the NY World’s Fair 1939. Also worked for the US Departments of Agriculture, the Army Corps and the Offi ce of Strategic Service, designing posters, exhibitions and publicity material. For twelve years he was a design consultant for Geigy Pharmaceuticals; the work he did for them is characterized by a simplifi ed, symbolic style. In 1960 he joined the guiding faculty of the Famous Artists School in Westport, CT. Giusti also taught at Cooper Union. He was elected Art Director of the Year 1958 and awarded the Gold T-Square. Giusti was elected to the ADC Hall of Fame in 1979.