Hans Neuburg, Switzerland (1967)
Hans Neuburg trained at Orell Füssli Art Institute in Zürich, then became a copywriter/designer with Max Dalang advertising agency in Basel and Zürich (1928–29) and got to know Max Bill...Read full biography
Neuburg trained at Orell Füssli Art Institute in Zürich, then became a copywriter/designer with Max Dalang advertising agency in Basel and Zürich
(1928–29). He started his own studio in Zürich (1936), specializing in advertising and exhibition design. He became the editor of Industriewerbung and an advertising manager at a Basel import firm. Neuburg was a disciple of the Swiss Style and consequently of the International Typographic Style. He demonstrated this in his exhibition designs for the 1939 Swiss National Expo (Zürich), the Swiss contribution to the Prague World Fair 1945 and the Brussels Expo 1958. He was the picture editor of the illustrated magazine Woche and worked for the Red Cross. Hans Neuburg was a co-founder and one of the editors of the trilingual journal Neue Graphik. He was director of the Kunstgewerbemuseum in Winterthur (1962–64) and taught at the Hochschule für Gestaltung in Ulm and Carlton University in Ottawa.